March 26, 2017
The Prayer of Faith
“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective” James tells. We are to pray in good times and in bad. When we have sinned we are to confess our sins and be healed. Paul urges those with him to “keep up their courage and have faith” (Acts 27:22-25) for an angel had assured him they would be saved.
We have a profound gift to be heard by our maker if we approach His throne of grace rightly.
- Humble ourselves before God
- Confess our sins to each other and to God
- Have faith that our prayers are heard and effective (Even when the answer is not what we would prefer … we are not God!)
- Ask the elders of the church to pray over us (However we all have the opportunity to minister to each other in prayer)
- Anointing with oil and the laying on of hands
- Submit to God’s will
We long for and pray for the world as it should be, without sin and suffering, in perfect relationship with our creator. We look forward to Heaven but it is needful that we stay for now and minister to one another (Philippians 1:23-24).